One of our favorites, a great light meal (being a salad) but much more interesting with the homemade vinaigrette dressing and steak. Yum! Perfect for warmer nights or winter nights when you’re dreaming of summer…
From Paleo Newbie
- 1/2 lb sirloin steak, (grilled or pan-seared first, then sliced)
- 4 cups greens – we use mixed greens (arugula, spinach, etc)
- 1/4 cup red cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 yellow cherry tomatoes
- 1 avocado, pitted and sliced
- 3 Tbsp of avocado oil or olive oil
- 2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp mayo (can use paleo mayo instead, we opt for regular)
- 1 small to medium garlic clove, pressed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pat dry and season steak with your favorite prepackaged seasoning, or sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper. Cook on well-oiled grill or in a cast iron pan (along with 1 Tbsp of oil) over medium-high heat about 5 minutes per side for medium rare steak. Remove from heat, place on plate and tent with aluminum foil for 10-15 minutes before slicing crosswise into thin strips.
- Arrange salad ingredients on plates as desired, or place in large bowl and toss
- Add dressing ingredients to a small bowl and whisk until combined. Pour over salad as desired.